Motonation Apparel Pursang Textile Jacket
- Numerous intake vents are featured with zippered closures. 4 in the chest and shoulder area, 2 vents in the upper arms combine with 2-way sleeve zippers for maximum air flow. Exhaust is handled by two large rear zip open lateral vents.
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining.
- Features a removable and washable zip in quilted thermal insulating full liner.
- Removable Reissa waterproof full liner zips in between the outer layer and quilted liner.
- Multiple stitched seams are featured in all impact areas for maximum tear resistance.
- Removable high impact CE approved dual-density protective armor on elbows and shoulders.
- 8mm thick memory foam back pad.
- Neoprene is used in the collar for maximum rider comfort with button closure.
- Hook and loop collar tie back for riding comfortably with the collar open.
- Reflective striping is used on the arms as well as across the back of the jacket for increased visibility.
- World famous YKK zippers with long zipper pulls used throughout.
- 2-way, heavy duty, YKK entry zipper.
- Hook & loop and snap secured wind and water flap over the main two-way entry zipper.
- Dual sleeve gather snaps are used on each arm for maximum comfort.
- Adjustable hook & loop waist straps.
- Pre-curved arms for a more natural fit and maximum riding comfort.
- Two upper and two lower front horizontal entry outer pockets, two fleece lined hand warmer pockets and a large rear pocket that can hold the quilted liner once removed.
- Three interior pockets including a waterproof wallet pocket on the shell and a mobile phone pocket plus 1 interior pocket incorporated into the quilted liner.
- 8 inch YKK waist connection zipper for pant attachment.
- Neoprene cuffs secured with a two-way zipper and hook & loop for a perfect fit.
We did a size check using our Fit Test mannequins Huey and Dewey and found them to fit very well… maybe on the roomy side. In our photos, we have a Medium on Huey and an XL on Dewey. Also, we measured some key sizes to make sure they measured out as expected. Based on our size checks, I’d advise you to choose the size you normally wear in men’s clothing. If you are between sizes, this I’d advise you to buy the smaller. The overall cut of this jacket is very neutral… neither trim nor roomy and should be an easy fit for most.
So that you’d be able to make a size selection based on your own chest and belly measurements, we came up with the size chart below. The waist of this jacket is highly adjustable so don’t be concerned that the belly size listed below is larger than your own.
Go here to see the Motonation Apparel size charts.
Our Two Cents
The Pursang textile jacket by Motonation is a nice looking, low cost 3/4 length touring textile jacket. It packs a lot of climate control features into a very affordable package.
Background: This product is one of several new products introduced for the 2018 season by Motonation. Motonation was the sole US distributor for AGV Sport riding apparel for many years in the US until AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. Motonation introduced their own “house brand” of riding apparel products using their long-time experience designing and selling motorcycle apparel. Motonation is also our distributor for Sidi boots.
This jacket packs enough venting options to take you into pretty warm weather. I count 8 zip vents on the front side of the jacket and two more in back, so with all those vents open, this jacket ought to move some good air. This jacket includes a removable waterproof liner which zips into the main jacket when needed. Since this jacket uses a removable rain liner (as compared to a fixed liner between the shell and inside liner, it means that when those vents are open, the air can pass directly through to your body.
That rain liner will keep water out, but it will also serve as a windblock component and then there is also a removable full sleeve thermal liner that zips inside the rain liner. So with both those liners zipped in, this jacket can down to pretty low temps.
Like most 3/4 style touring/adventure jackets, this one has plenty of pockets for storage including a large fanny pack. You also get a “two way” main front zipper which means you can open the zipper part way from the bottom to allow the lower part of the jacket to drape over your lap, which is a nice feature for a longer jacket like this when you are sitting on the bike for longer periods.
For protection, you get the usual armor setup… CE armor in the shoulders and elbows and both those areas have extra heavy textile material overlayed on the jacket’s body. A simple foam back pad is also included. Compared to our other competitively priced jacket, this one looks pretty darn good to me. :: Paul, 05-09-18
Happy Customers Who Bought This Product
WOW I like this jacket! Extremely warm and wind-resistant with both liners in - rode 60 miles in 30 degrees with only a thermal undershirt underneath. On the way home, 120 miles (scenic route) I opened up a couple of the vents - bottom sleeves, shoulders and back, and could actually feel the coolness through the liners... (Read more...)
Just received the next size up in my new jacket. Thanks for making it easy. Happy customer here. (Read more...)