Motonation Apparel Cappra Textile Pants (S Or 2XL Only)
- Impact areas are constructed of 600 denier polyester strengthened woven textile for durability and comfort.
- Knee and inside lower leg areas are reinforced with highly abrasion resistant ballistic nylon.
- Polyester mesh fabric is utilized on the front and rear leg areas of the pant for maximum air flow on warmer days.
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining.
- Removable waterproof and breathable Reissa zip in full liner.
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
- World famous YKK zippers are used throughout the pant.
- Two front zippered hand warmer pockets.
- Expandable elastic waist features adjustable hook & loop waist tabs.
- Removable high impact CE approved dual-density protective armor on the knees.
- Reflective piping is used across the knees and on the outside of both lower legs for maximum nighttime visibility.
- 8-inch YKK waist connection zipper for jacket attachment.
- Zippers are located on the side of the calf from knee down with hook & loop closures for easy entry.
- Accordion fabric-Spandex textile panels are used in the crotch and down the inside of the thighs for the finest non-binding fit possible
We measured a selection of these pants in our office and created the chart below. There is a range listed for the waist because the waist band on these pants has some elastic and they also have Velcro tabs on each side of the waist band so you can snug them down. You can adjust them smaller but not bigger than the range listed below. We recommend using a tape to measure your waist. Measure over the clothing you plan to wear underneath.
Go here to see the Motonation Apparel size charts.
Our Two Cents
The Motonation Cappra Textile pants could better be described as a mesh pant because they are well air conditioned! These will be great for street use in hot summer months. Complete with armor!
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
These front and back of these pants have large areas of flow through mesh material so they are built for hot weather use. They should be very comfortable in summer. And they also come with a removable waterproof and windproof liner that that can be removed. With the liner in, you could go in wet weather, or that liner will serve as a wind-block material to make the pants comfortable in cooler weather. So I’d say these would work anywhere from mild.. even coolish weather to very hot weather.
The pants have standard CE molded knee armor inserts to give some impact protection and they also some simple foam hip pads. The knee area is a more heavy duty solid material to beef up the abrasion resistance over the knee armor.
The waist band is a standard setup with Veclro adjusters to make them fit you. And I see two zippered storage pockets in front for convenience. The pants have a pretty relaxed fit so you could fit them over very light clothing or shorts. The pants have reflective piping over the knee and on the lower side of the leg for night time visibility.
Overall, these are solid summer mesh pants that are priced right and not overly-loaded with features. They’ll work find for everyday use or commuting. Definitely not bad for the money. :: Paul, 06-25-18
Motonation says: Great to pair with the Diablo vented jacket, the Cappra pants are fully vented for warmer riding days but are also waterproof, thanks to a removable Reissa liner that zips in over the permanent anti-bacterial fixed liner.