Motonation Apparel Metralla Ladies Textile Jacket
- Strong 100% ventilated Polyester mesh and 600 denier Polyester fabric outer shell.
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining.
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
- Neoprene and Micro-Fabric materials are used in the collar and cuffs for total rider comfort.
- Removable high impact CE approved dual-density protective armor in shoulders and elbows.
- 8mm thick memory foam back pad.
- Accordion fabric-Spandex panels are used on both sides of the jacket to the waist for the finest non-binding fit possible.
- 8-inch YKK waist connection zipper for pant attachment.
- Two front hand warmer pockets with zipper closures.
- One interior zip-open vertical wallet/phone pocket plus a waterproof wallet pocket on the shell.
- YKK zippers are used throughout the jacket with easy to grab long pulls.
- 2-way zippers on sleeves fit perfectly over a variety gloves and provide maximum air flow with hook & loop closure.
- Reflective piping from the shoulders to the cuffs, front and back, for night time visibility.
- Additional Reflective striping on sleeves and upper chest area for increased visibility.
- Hook & loop sleeve gathers for a perfect fit with or without the inner liner.
- Hook and loop collar tie back for comfortable riding while leaving the collar open.
We measured a selection of these jackets and found Motonation’s sizing chart to be pretty accurate. Go here to see the Motonation Apparel Size Chart.
This jacket has some nice expansion material down the sides of the torso, so there is some flexibility on fit.
Our Two Cents
The Metralla jacket is a mostly-mesh street jacket that will flow a lot of air and give you comfort in the hottest days of the year. The jacket includes a full sleeve removable waterproof and windproof liner and a full set of armor.
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
This jacket will be great for the hot summer months and even milder days in the fall and spring. Most of the torso and sleeves use a full mesh material that will allow full air flow through this jacket. The material is kind of unique. The weave makes it looks like honeycomb which gives it a high tech look. The rest of the jacket is solid textile material and the patches over the shoulders and elbows are a more heavy duty fabric to add some abrasion resistance.
Included with the jacket is a removable waterproof and windproof liner. You can use the liner for two things… first as a windbreaker to help knock the chill off when the temps dip. You can also layer underneath the liner for even colder temps. The liner is also waterproof too, so you can use the liner in a rain. The liner will keep you dry, but since it installed UNDER the jacket, the jacket itself will get wet so you’ll want to make sure you put your valuables in pockets under the liner or away in your luggage.
This jacket comes with CE armor inserts in the shoulders and elbows and also a foam back pad so there is nothing more to buy. The pricing on this jacket is really reasonable. As with other Motonation gear, its not of equal quality as our premium brands but its not bad either. I think it gives very good value. :: Paul, 06-13-18
Motonation says: The Metralla vented textile jacket uses large pore mesh in the arms, chest and back to circulate a large amount of air. Heavily armored with protectors in the shoulders, elbows, and back. The removable waterproof, windproof and breathable Reissa liner can be easily zipped in over the permanent mesh lining.