Motonation Apparel Phantom Textile Pant
- Designed for any climate.
- Constructed of 600 denier polyester strengthened woven textile for durability and comfort.
- Knee and inside lower leg areas are reinforced with highly abrasion resistant ballistic nylon.
- Removable waterproof and breathable Reissa full liner zips in over a permanent mesh lining.
- Removable thermal insulating quilted full liner zips over the Reissa waterproof liner.
- Pants may be worn with no lining for warmer days or with the waterproof liner for warm and wet days or with the waterproof liner and quilted liner for truly nasty days.
- Horizontal open-air vents are positioned across the thighs, just above the knees with exhaust vents rear of each thigh.
- Accordion fabric-Spandex textile panels are used in the crotch and down the inside of the thighs for the finest non-binding fit possible.
- Removable high impact CE approved dual-density protective armor on the knees.
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
- World famous YKK zippers are used throughout the pant.
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining.
- Zip open lower legs with hook & loop closure.
- Zippers are located on the side of the calf from knee down with hook & loop closures for easy entry.
- Hook & loop plus metal clip secured flap over the fly.
- Two front hand warmer pockets and two thigh cargo pockets.
- Expandable elastic waist features adjustable hook & loop waist tabs.
- 8-inch YKK waist connection zipper for jacket attachment.
- Available in two inseam lengths. “Standard” 32” and “Short” 30”.
- Reflective striping used on lower legs.
We measured a selection of these pants in our office and created the chart below. There is a range listed for the waist because the waist band on these pants has some elastic and they also have Velcro tabs on each side of the waist band so you can snug them down. You can adjust them smaller but not bigger than the range listed below. We recommend using a tape to measure your waist. Measure over the clothing you plan to wear underneath.
|Size||Waist||Inseam Reg.||Inseam Short|
Our Two Cents
Motonation’s Phantom Textile pants are their standard textile street riding pant. They are extremely versatile for temperature comfort range and they come with armor installed.
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
These pants include what we generally call a “two stage” removable liner setup. The first stage is a zip-in waterproof liner which will keep water off your skin and will also serve as a windproof liner. The rainproof liner zips in UNDER the pants. The second stage is a removable quilted thermal liner that will zip inside the rain liner. You can use that liner for colder weather to add the insulation you’ll want for the winter months. By using those one or both of those liners, you’ll be covered for cold to mild weather and also wet weather.
With both liners removed these pants can be used in warmer weather too. There are zippered vents on the front and back of the thighs which will move some air through the pants when opened up.
For a comfortable fit, the waist has stretch panels at the sides, as well as a Velcro waist adjustment belt. There are also stretch panels above the knees and at the lower back for comfort in the riding position. The lower legs have 10 inch zippers which make it easier to get your leg through (although the zipper isn’t long enough to make these pants functional as “overpants”). Check out the larger strips of night time reflectives on the lower legs. They work well!. A rear jacket connection zipper is included to zip to Motonation pants. For storage there are two zippered pockets on the front of the pants, and then two more patch style pockets on the thigh. CE approved armor is included for the knees, as well as memory foam pads in the hips, so there is nothing else to buy.
These pants represent a very good value for the everyday rider. The price is very reasonable considering they include armor and have two removable liners. The overall quality of the pants is “good”, so they don’t compare to the premium brands in that regard, but they are fully functional and about half the price. :: Paul, 06-11-18
Motonation says: A true all-weather pant, the Phantom is made with rugged 600 Denier, with additional reinforcements on the knees. Pleated panels make it comfortable and easy to move around in. There’s a removable waterproof liner and a second removable quilted liner to keep you warm and dry in any weather conditions.