Cortech GX Sport Air 5.0 Jacket for Women
- Performance fit constructed using 600 denier Carbolex® polyester fabric and Armor-Link 3 mesh
- 1680 denier ballistic polyester in the shoulders, elbows, and forearms
- Accordion stretch panels at the waist and elbow, plus stretch fabric built into the underarms for added comfort and range of motion
- Mandarin-style collar and adjustable zippered cuffs feature soft microfiber trim
- Pre-curved and rotated sleeves provide comfort and reduce rider fatigue
- Adjustable take-up straps at bicep and inside forearm for a custom fit
- 360º Phoslite® reflective piping, panels, and Cortech signature reflective rear triangle help increase nighttime visibility
- Newly designed CE-approved Armadillo® armor in the elbow and shoulder with a revised articulated triple-density back protector
- Aquatherm™ two-stage removable waterproof liner and insulated vest liner
- Two hand front pockets, inside chest map pocket, with storage pocket, and mobile device pocket in the jacket shell, liner, and vest
- Adjustable waist belts with TPR pulls help fine tune the fit
- Includes jacket/pant 8” zipper attachment with pant side included
- Equipped with ESO™ zippers including locking Cortech main zipper
We checked the fit of this jacket and found it to run true to the sizing chart. For the fit test, Laverne and Shirley are standard size 6 and 12 respectively and they are wearing sizes Small and Large (please click through to view their chest/waist/hip measurements). Take the “View Larger Images” link above to see how our test subjects look in their jackets.
Below is the Tour Master chart provided for this product. All measurements are in inches and consider these to be “max” measurements as the jackets can be adjusted down to customize the fit:
|Alpha Size||Chest||Waist||Sleeve Length||Hip|
Our Two Cents
The Cortech GX Sport Air 5.0 for 2017 is slightly updated from version 4.0. Functionally they are almost identical jacket, but the styling has been updated, the armor is a slightly new style, the zippers look more rubut and the overall sizing is trimmed down just a bit (see our advice above).
The GX Sport Air 5.0 is primarily a full mesh summer jacket. The shell is mostly flow through mesh, so without the removable liners in use, the air will flow right through and so you can be comfortable in the hottest weather.
To extend the comfortable temp range, this jacket goes a little further than most other full mesh jackets. It includes TWO removable liners. One is a full sleeve rainproof and windproof liner and then you also get a zip in thermal vest-type liner. You can use either or both in combination to stay comfortable when you encounter cooler weather and or wet weather. It really is a nice setup.
For impact protection you get elbow and shoulder armor which is the molded rubber CE rated protectors like you find in almost any new style jacket these days. And the back pad is a lightweight foam unit. To enhance the jacket’s abrasion protection characteristics, there are heavy duty textile overlays on the shoulders and elbows (the most likely impact areas).
We like this fully mesh style for summer use and even spring and fall with the liners in use. Its a good value with sharp styling. :: Paul, 12-21-17