Alpinestars Celer Leather Jacket
- Constructed with 1.3 mm full grain leather
- CE certified protection on shoulders and elbow
- Stretch panels on sleeves to further improve fit and feel
- Technical pre-curved sleeve construction
- External Alpinestars PU shoulder and elbow protection offer additional abrasion resistance
- Aero hump for improved aerodynamic and ventilation performance
- High-density perforations on chest, arms, back and shoulders
- Large accordion stretch panels help rider movement and comfort on the bike
- Removable thermal liner
- Thermal liner is sonic quilted for improved insulation performance and reduced material volume
- Fixed mesh lining
- Inner Waterproof pocket
- D-ring waist adjustment for precision fitting
- Two external zippered pockets
- Chest pad compartments with PE padding
- Multiple snap button system to integrate Level 2 CE certified Alpinestars Nucleon Back protector (sold separately)
- Neoprene comfort edge around collar and cuffs prevents skin chafing
- Waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants
This product is sold in European sizes. The overall sizing of the jackets is accurate to the Alpinestars sizing chart for overall chest size (US chest size in inches is 10 points less than the European jacket size). I’d suggest you measure yourself with a tape and get your chest size, and if you have a bit of a belly you can also check your max belly. If you know your suit coat size, that works too. Then you can use the size chart to pick the smallest size jacket that will be big enough for both your chest and belly using the chart below.
This is a sport cut jacket, but of all the various models of Alpinestars’ sport jackets, this model is the most relaxed, and the most “American” cut. First of all, the taper from chest to belly is less than other sport/race styles. Full on race jackets will have a “drop” from chest to waist of about 8”, and most European sport styles will drop about 6”, but this one drops about 4” which means you’ll get a good fit if you are average to stocky or muscular. But even if you are more trim, the jackets have well-functioning tabs at the waist so you can tailor the fit to your own waist size.
To also help with those that have a more broad chest, this model has a great deal of flexible fabric material in the underarm and behind the shoulders. And those stretch areas really do stretch a lot.
|Euro Size||Max Chest Size (inches)||Max Belly Size (inches)|
Sizing Tip for Those Using Upgraded Armor: Swapping the foam back pad in the jacket for the Nucleon KR-2i back pad doesn’t change the fit a lot. But if you add the chest pads AND the KR-2i, then you’ll want to add 1 or 2 inches to your chest measurement for the purpose of choosing a size. If you are planning on the Bionic Race back protection AND the chest pads, then add 2 full inches to your chest measurement.