Motonation Apparel Diablo Jacket
- Outer shell made from Maxtex 600 Denier nylon and polyester mesh fabric.
- Reissa removable full rain liner is 100% waterproof.
- 100% Polyester anti-bacterial fixed mesh lining.
- World famous YKK zippers with long zipper pulls used throughout.
- 8-inch YKK waist connection zipper for pant attachment.
- Soft Micro-Fabric and neoprene at collar for comfort.
- Removable high impact CE approved dual-density protective armor on elbows and shoulders.
- 8 mm Padded back area for protection.
- Extra padding at crucial areas.
- Two outer shell hand warming pockets and a waterproof wallet pocket on the shell and plus an interior mobile phone pocket.
- Reflective piping from the shoulders to the cuffs, front and back, for night time visibility.
- Upper sleeve adjustment uses Hook & loop for a customized fit and the lower sleeve uses gathering snaps.
- Neoprene cuffs secured with Hook & loop for a great fit.
- Hook & loop side belt straps for a secure fit around the waist.
- Pre-curved arms for a natural riding fit.
- Padded lower back along waistline.
- A long tail is featured for full back coverage in all situations.
We put the size Medium on Huey and the XL on Dewey and both fit just a bit on the large side. We also found the jackets to run big by measuring. Our primary sizing advice would be to order one size smaller than you usually wear in men’s clothing.
You can also choose a size based upon your chest and belly measurements by using the chart below. The max belly for any given size is about 2” less than the stated chest size. Choose a jacket size that is big enough for both your chest and belly.
The fit of this jacket can be adjusted both at the waist and in the sleeve bicep size. The sleeve adjusters are there so you can snug down the sleeve to better hold the armor in place and also to prevent any flapping at high speeds.
|Jacket Size||Our Estimated
Our Two Cents
The Diablo jacket is a great choice for hot summer riding. It includes armor and a removable waterproof and windproof liner, so there is nothing else to buy.
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
The body of this jacket is largely mesh, so the wind will blow right through the shell which will make it perfect for hot summer months. It has a shorter waist favored by street and sport riders. The overall fit is more “American” than European so most riders will find the jacket to be roomy and comfortable for everyday use. The arms have adjusters so you can snug them dow and the waist has Velcro straps for the same purpose. You should be able to customize the fit easily.
Included is a windproof/waterproof liner that will cut the wind in cooler weather and also keep rain out in wet weather. If you use your own garments to layer under the jacket, you can use the windproof liner to cut the airflow and use this jacket in the fall and spring as well as the summer. The liner will work to keep you dry as well.
Armor is included for the shoulders and elbows and you get a simple foam back pad as well. I like how the overall styling of this jacket is pretty neutral… it could work for all kinds of riders. The Diablo is pretty darn nice jacket for the money! :: Paul, 06-05-18
Motonation says: The Diablo is a warm weather jacket that’s significantly vented yet features a windproof and waterproof Reissa zip out inner jacket. This removable liner system will have you riding comfortably rain or shine