Motonation Apparel Campera Denim Textile Jacket
- Outer shell is relaxed denim and Dobby Cloth on the potential impact/abrasion areas.
- Mesh panels are located on the lower-front, inside-arms, lower-back and down the sides of the jackets outer shell.
- Inner waterproof Reissa full liner zips in over a permanent soft micro fiber liner.
- Reflective striping on sleeves for increased visibility.
- Features an inner phone pocket and waterproof wallet pocket on the shell.
- Two zippered hand warmer pockets.
- YKK zippers are used throughout the jacket with easy to grab long pulls.
- Neoprene cuffs secured with Hook & loop for a great fit.
- 2-way zippers on gusseted sleeves fit perfectly over a variety gloves and provide maximum air flow.
- Soft Micro-Fabric and neoprene at collar for comfort.
- Hook & loop sleeve gathers for a perfect fit with or without the inner liner.
- 8-inch YKK waist connection zipper for pant attachment.
- Adjustable Hook & loop waist tabs create a secure fit around the rider’s waist.
- Dobby cloth used in high impact areas.
- Removable high impact CE approved dual-density protective armor on elbows and shoulders.
- 8mm thick memory foam back pad.
- Multiple stitched main seam construction for maximum tear resistance.
We put the size Medium on Huey and the XL on Dewey and both fit just a bit on the large side. We also found the jackets to run big by measuring. Our primary sizing advice would be to order one size smaller than you usually wear in men’s clothing.
You can also choose a size based upon your chest and belly measurements by using the chart below. The max belly for any given size is about 2” less than the stated chest size. Choose a jacket size that is big enough for both your chest and belly.
The fit of this jacket can be adjusted both at the waist and in the sleeve bicep size. The sleeve adjusters are there so you can snug down the sleeve to better hold the armor in place and also to prevent any flapping at high speeds.
|Jacket Size||Our Estimated
Our Two Cents
The Campera Denim Textile Jacket combines a denim riding jacket with mesh to make it work in the warmer months. The jacket includes armor and a removable windproof/waterproof liner to help with cooler and/or wet weather.
About Motonation gear: Motonation is a US distributor of many brands of motorcycle apparel and accessories in the US. One of their top brands is Sidi boots. They WERE the distributor for AGV Sport gear for many years before AGV Sport exited the US market in 2017. For 2018 Motonation developed their own line of gear to fill that niche.
Take a look at the close up photos of this jacket. The black parts on the front and back are mesh and since those panels make up a good portion of the surface area, this jacket will work great in hot summer weather. The rest of the jacket is denim and so it will breathe some too. The removable liner is windproof and waterproof. You can use that liner to cut the air flow through the jacket and for colder weather, layer underneath with your own thermal gear. Its waterproof too, but since this jacket is made of softer heavy denim, it will soak up the water, so if you ride a lot in the rain and need a truly waterproof jacket, this one probably isn’t it, but if you are mostly a fair weather rider and MIGHT rider in rain, then the liner will be your friend.
This jacket comes with a full set of armor for the shoulders and elbows and even comes with a foam back pad (all are removable if you like). The shoulders and elbows have overlays of a reinforced textile material which is good since denim isn’t high on the list of abrasion resistant materials. And while the overall quality of this jacket is “good”, it really is a very will priced jacket so the value level is VERY GOOD in my opinion. Denim and mesh aren’t often combined on jackets, but heck, I say “why not”. The black color could pass for a “cruiser” style jacket and the blue black looks for more sport oriented to me. :: Paul, 06-05-18
Motonation says: _This versatile stylish jacket works just as well off the bike as on. It includes all the safety features you expect but with the looks of a casual jacket. It is fully functional as a summer jacket with the mesh paneling but can easily be converted to a warmer, waterproof jacket with the included Reissa liner. _