Joe Rocket Atomic X2 Gloves
- 2-Way Stretch Span/Poly and Goatskin leather backhand
- Split-knuckle designed, perforated leather knuckle armor
- 5mm high density padding at the knuckles, index, and middle fingers
- Articulated Full Flex™ stretch panels at the middle and index fingers
- Contoured goatskin palm with 3mm padded heel
- Double stitched Chamude palm overlay
- Ergonomic, pre-curved, ride-friendly design
- Dull finished finger fourchettes providing a snug, contoured fit
- SmartTouch™ conductive material on index fingers for instant mobile friendly, touchscreen access
- Combined leather, stretch span/poly and neoprene short profile cuff with hook-and-loop closure and integrated TPR pull tab
- Silicone print logo on pinky finger
- Embossed logo on cuff
These gloves are consistent with the major brands we carry, so hopefully you’ve had some experience with buying gloves and can choose based upon the fit of a previous pair. If you have no previous experience with glove sizing, go here for help.
Our Two Cents
Joe Rocket’s Atomic X2 gloves are a slight reboot of the original Atomic X. They are a great choice for a light weight and moderately protective street glove. They’d also be good for off road.
The body of this glove is a combination of leather and breathable stretch textile material. The palms are leather of course and there is also leather across the backs of the knuckles and on the backs of the fingers, which covers the most crash prone areas. This glove doesn’t have a molded knuckle protector but it does have a high-density foam one which should offer moderate protection and is quite comfortable. On the palm side, there are patches of double thick material. The overlay material is a man-made suede which give better grip than slick leather. There is thin padding under the overlay in the heel area of the hand.
The cuff of the glove is stretch neoprene with a simple Velcro close strap to hold the glove secure. A pad of touch screen compatible leather is placed over the tip of the index finger so you can manipulate your phone without taking the gloves off.
The original Atomic X was a good seller and the X2 will be too. :: Paul, 10-09-18